- RSS Channel Showcase 4337113
- RSS Channel Showcase 7095977
- RSS Channel Showcase 9466491
- RSS Channel Showcase 7302676
Articles on this Page
- 07/24/17--08:28: _Technology Advancem...
- 07/25/17--06:26: _Critical Infrastruc...
- 07/25/17--08:56: _Applying Threat Int...
- 07/25/17--11:23: _Suite of Cybersecur...
- 07/27/17--07:11: _Reducing Control Sy...
- 12/01/17--11:40: _Point and Continuou...
- 07/24/17--08:28: Technology Advancements for Power, Water & Wastewater Industries
- 07/25/17--06:26: Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity Trends and Compliance
- 07/25/17--08:56: Applying Threat Intelligence for Industrial Control System Defense
- 07/25/17--11:23: Suite of Cybersecurity Technologies and Practices
- 07/27/17--07:11: Reducing Control System Hardware Footprint
At the 2017 Ovation Users Group conference, Emerson’s Steve Schilling discussed the rapid changes going on in the power, water and wastewater industries and the changes in technology required to keep up with these changes. Steve opened highlighting some of the key issues worrying people in these industries—reliability, reliable integration of renewables and distributed energy […]
The post Technology Advancements for Power, Water & Wastewater Industries appeared first on the Emerson Automation Experts blog.
As critical infrastructure, cybersecurity remains a top concern for electrical power, water and wastewater industry companies. At the 2017 Ovation Users Group conference, Emerson’s Jaime Foose led a panel of trends in cybersecurity threats and compliance. The panel included experts from National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC)/ Industrial Control Systems Cyber Emergency Response Team […]
The post Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity Trends and Compliance appeared first on the Emerson Automation Experts blog.
There are many paths to pursue in improving cyber defenses for industrial control systems (ICS). At the 2017 Ovation Users Group conference, Emerson’s Tom Kizer presented on applying threat intelligence for system defense. Tom opened by acknowledging that identifying effective threat intelligence is difficult. Threat intelligence is data collected, organized, analyzed and refined about potential […]
The post Applying Threat Intelligence for Industrial Control System Defense appeared first on the Emerson Automation Experts blog.
Emerson’s Adam Boeckmann presented the Power and Water Cybersecurity Suite at the 2017 Ovation Users Group conference. He opened describing the team that formed over the last several years that now supports more than 200 sites in the U.S. alone. He shared the story of the recent Wannacry/WannaCrypt ransomware cyber-attack. In March of 2017, Microsoft […]
Emerson’s Ben Skal presented on reducing the Ovation distributed control system hardware footprint at the 2017 Ovation Users Group conference. Virtualization technology is at the heart of this hardware footprint reduction and having less workstation and server hardware to maintain. Ben’s presentation focused on: What is virtualization & how it works Appropriate uses of virtual […]
Across many industries, level measurements are critical ones for safe and reliable operations. This is true for the water and wastewater industries. The choice of technologies for these measurements is broad, especially since they fall into two categories point-based (on/off switching) and continuous. In a Water Online article, Point Versus Continuous Level Measuring Technologies, Emerson’s […]
The post Point and Continuous Level Measurement in Water and Wastewater Applications appeared first on the Emerson Automation Experts blog.